Bonnie Neumann’s work has been exhibited in museums and galleries nationally and internationally including the Mills College Art Museum,Oakland , CA, the Katonah Museum of Art, Katonah, NY, the San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art, San Jose, CA, Western Washington University Art Gallery, Bellingham, WA, Amy Simon Fine Art Gallery, Westport, CT, the SFMOMA Artists Gallery, San Francisco, CA, and the former Oakland Art Gallery, Oakland, CA.
Her work is in the art collections of The US Embassy in Tunis, Tunisia, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA, the Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula, Monterey, CA, the Sequoia Consulting Group of San Mateo, San Mateo, CA and The Ellington Condominium Complex in Oakland, CA, as well as in numerous private collections.
- 1996 Master of Fine Arts, Painting, Mills College, Oakland, California
- 1978 Bachelor of Arts, California State University, Hayward California
Solo and Two-Person Exhibitions
- Bonnie Neumann: Water, Light, and Time, Los Medanos College, Pittsburg, California
- Bonnie Neumann/Lewis Watts, SFMOMA Artists Gallery, Fort Mason, San Francisco (two-person)
- Bonnie Neumann at Avenue 64 Gallery, BRE Properties, Emeryville, California
- Bonnie Neumann at The Quarterly At Latham Square, Pro Arts, Oakland, California
- Bonnie Neumann and Livia Stein, 455 Market Street, San Francisco, California
- Recent Paintings by Bonnie Neumann, Zen Hospice, San Francisco, California
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 48 Pillars, Arc Gallery, San Francisco, California, Invitational
- Driven to Abstraction, Artwork from Four Regional Painters, Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- The Edge Effect. Katonah Museum of Art, Katonah, New York
- Abstract Alchemy, Los Mendanos College Art Gallery, Pittsburg, California
- Crocker-Kingsley Exhibition, Blue Line Arts, Roseville, California
- ...and Sea (3-person), Saddleback College Art Gallery, Mission Viejo, California
- 5 from 415: Marlene Angeja; Gale Antokal; Carol Ladewig; Bonnie Neumann and Amy Trachtenberg, Amy Simon Fine Art, Westport Connecticut
- Painting Exhibition, Triton Museum of Art, Santa Clara, California
- Lure: Bay Area Artists Explore the Sea, SFMOMA Artists Gallery, San Francisco, California
- December Group Show, Terminus.Gallery, Oakland, California
- Repetition, Repetition, Repetition, Eastern New Mexico University, Roswell, New Mexico
- Drawing Connections, Siena Art Institute, Siena, Italy
- Of Water: Contemporary Paintings by 20 Bay Area Artists, Bay Model, Sausalito, California
- Art of the Line, Sebastopol Center for the Arts, Sebastopol, California Merit Award
- Ornamentation: The Art of Desire, Institute of Contemporary Art, San Jose, California
- Hidden Order: Pattern & Content in Contemporary Abstraction, Oakland Art Gallery, Oakland, California
- Surface Tension, The Western Gallery, Western Washington University, Bellingham, Washington
- Surface Tension: Pattern and Ornament in Contemporary Painting, Mills College Art Museum, Oakland, California
- Contemporary Pattern, Artsource, The Mills Building, San Francisco, California
- Crocker-Kingsley Exhibition, Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, California
- Architecture and Archetypes: Bonnie Neumann, Pia Stern, and Rob Douglas, 455 Market Street, San Francisco, California
- Exemplary Contemporary, Eloise Pickard Smith Gallery, University of California at Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California
- Master of Fine Arts Exhibition, Mills College Art Museum, Oakland, California
- US Embassy, Tunis, Tunisia
- Stanford University Medical Center
- Community Hospital Monterey Peninsula
- The Ellington, Oakland, California
Selected Publications and Reviews
- Buuck, David, ‘Ornamentation’ at SEJICA, ARTWEEK, VOLUME 37, March 2006, pp. 12–13.
- Baker, Kenneth, Oakland Gallery Seeks Abstraction’s ‘Hidden Order,’ SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE, August 28, 2004, Section E, p.12.
- Bing, Alison, ‘Hidden Order’ at the Oakland Art Gallery, ARTWEEK, Vol. 35, November 2004, p.14.
- Thompson, Sandy, ‘Surface Tension’ at Mills College Art Museum, ARTWEEK, Vol. 33, April 2002, pp. 18–19.
- 1996 Teaching Assistant, Painting and Drawing, Mills College
- 1997–2010 Visual Arts, Olympic High School, Concord, California